The "David" Violin Metal Bookmark
This product is currently sold out.
The Guarnerius del Gesù violin known as the “David” was built in Cremona in 1742. In the nineteenth century it was owned by the famed violin master Ferdinand David and has since carried his name. It was purchased by Jascha Heifetz in 1922 and he played it for over 50 years. In 1989 what is widely regarded as one of the world’s finest violins came into the permanent collection of the Fine Arts Museum of San Francisco as a bequest from Heifetz. It was the donor’s wish that the “David’s” vibrancy be maintained by being played “on special occasions by worthy performers.” Its use is now overseen by the Museums’ Music Advisory Task Force.
Finish: Solid brass, electro-plated with gold finish, giclee print
Dimensions: Approx. 0.75" W x 1.75" L (Packaged in Recycled PET Plastic Sleeve with Provenance Card)