Tiffany Byzantine Chapel Cross Metal Bookmark
This product is currently sold out.
A true masterpiece of American design, Louis Comfort Tiffany's (1848-1933) Byzantine chapel was designed for and unveiled at the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition in Chicago. This work of art so moved fairgoers that men were reported to have doffed their hats in response, as they entered another world of intricate, reflective glass mosaic surfaces, intense colors of leaded glass windows, and massive architectural forms. Centrally placed on the Ciborium, the cross with its three-dimensional design is a keystone element, richly hued in metal leaf and colorful gemstones. In the collection of the Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art, Winter Park, Florida.
Finish: Solid brass, electro-plated with non-tarnishing silver finish, hand enameled
Dimensions: Approx. 2" W x 2.50" L (Packaged in Recycled PET Plastic Sleeve with Provenance Card)